2. Ellie has a fever again, 103.6 to be exact. We are having a lazy day at home but first we got pretty!
3. We have been doing the Whole30 this month and so far it is going fine. Ellie and I didn't really have to give up a whole lot besides flour so the transition wasn't too hard for us. My husband had to give up much more but he is being a real trooper! Tonight I just didn't feel like cooking what I had planned so I just started throwing things in the oven that sounded good and it ended up being a great dinner but it was all orange! Didn't plan that at all, normally there are a variety of colors! Salmon, roasted carrots, roasted yams, and mango.
4. Today was week four of doggy school. Daisy is really coming out of her shell. It is a good thing and a bad thing. Girl is getting pretty bold. We have some behaviors we need to modify like stealing food out of our hands but otherwise things are progressing nicely. She eats SO MUCH! She can sit very well but we are still working on place and walking.
5. We took Ellie to her very first baseball game. It went really well but her cheering made my night. It was the cutest thing in the whole world. We didn't even show her how, people started clapping, and she threw her two fist up in the air. It was the best thing ever!
6. Tomorrow I am trying lamb. I have only ever had it one other time and I didn't care for it, for a number of reasons. I am hoping it turns out well and that we all enjoy it!
7. I am starting to crave sugar. I want a chocolate chip cookie and a cinnamon roll.
8. Last week I ran out of lard! Isn't that insane! Anyways I ran to a local farm and picked up some fat to make some more. I usually never save the cracklings because I really don't care for the taste. However, I had this bright idea this time around of something to do with them. I had them all sitting on a pan.... I guess someone I know doesn't mind the taste! My idea didn't work but Ellie got some extra fat that day!