1. I am a total baby. Today I was working on my taco sauce recipe. The onions were killing me. The sauce was decent but way too hot. Next try I will be dramatically decreasing the amount heat. I like spicy just not that spicy.
2. I got the worlds smallest orange in my bag of oranges. I thought it would be a dud inside so I didn't take a picture before breaking into it but it wasn't. It was probably one of the best oranges I have had. Check out the size of the orange slice.
3. My love bug has a cold. A running nose, cough, and can't sleep cold. We watched television all day today. We just don't do that here but I felt today was a good day to break that rule.
4. I have found my perfect mac and cheese. Recipe to come. If it hadn't been for my daughter having a sensitive tummy I would have never figured it out. I guess things do happen for a reason.
5. Hasn't she grown so much. This is the same car seat.
Here she is at six weeks :
And, here she is at one year, one month, and a couple weeks. Amazing what one year can do.
6. I love Easter. Growing up it was biggest holiday in our house. When you don't have kids it is tough to make it fun. I used to get my fun in by sneaking into work and hiding tons of eggs. I loved watching an office full of adults get all giddy. Now I have a little one and can finally do some fun Easter stuff at home. My eggs are stuffed and Easter baskets are set.
7. You know those chocolate chip caramel cookie bars I swore I would never make again. I did. I thought of a way to improve it and bring it down so your are making just enough ingredients. I ate six yesterday. I am making another batch Saturday to iron out final improvements.
8. Next week I get to use that seven dollar can of tomatoes that I bought. I hope I prefer my Hunts tomatoes. I can't afford fancy tomatoes.
9. My new nephew is adorable. My sister was expecting a girl but out came a boy. That little man sleeps like a champ. While reading numerous books on how to get a baby to sleep, I read about that stage where they are so out of it that you can move them around and clip their nails and they won't budge. I thought it was a lie. My little girl has never ever done that. My little girl wakes up when she hears the remote button click. This little guy can have me clipping his nails and his sister throwing a fit next to him, he still sleeps like a rock.
10. I have decided that I should never make plans when it comes to milestone type events. I remember when I was pregnant I said I would nurse till she had teeth or could physically motion for it. She got teeth pretty early, we still nursed. Then she started sticking her hand down my shirt when she wanted to nurse. We still nursed but I said at one, we were done. Well we still nurse. At one I said ok two is my cut off. However, now I am just going with the thought of letting her stop when she wants. I am such a push over.