1. I have now made six batches of taco sauce and I am not even close to my desired end result. I am changing my game plan and starting over. Once, I thought I had, it smelled identical to what I wanted but the taste wasn't even close.
2. I have tried granola bars twice. The first time I loved the taste and they were pretty close to what I wanted except that I put flax and wheat germ in them. Both were new products to me and one of them gave me a horrible headache. I tried them again, left those two out, and made a couple other changes but they ended up too dry. The flavor was good but if I wanted to eat cardboard I wouldn't be working on homemade granola bars. Hopefully try three fairs better.
3. We got out in the garden yesterday and got one little bed cleaned up. I love this time of year but I sure do hate the bugs! However, I love this bug.
4. I am trying kale again tonight. It will be my third attempt. The previous two were yuck. Tonight I am trying it in a soup, hopefully it will work out and we will all enjoy it.
5. I went to Zumba for the first time this past week. It will also be the last time. My sister really enjoyed it and is now taking her daughter. However, me, it just isn't my thing. I couldn't follow along to save my life. I just ended up get frustrated.
6. I can't stop thinking about that split pea soup last week. I want to cook a ham just to make it again. There was another person who really loved it too:
7. I am slowly improving our food and paying more attention. I had no clue there was aluminum in some baking powder. So I went and got and aluminum free one. I honestly never thought to look at the ingredient list on things like that. Crazy.
8. I bought some Asian noodles to try last week. When I looked at the back there were two things in them. Flour and water. That is all. So I went on a mission yesterday to replace all the noodles in our pantry with ones that had only two ingredients. I stood in that pasta isle for 20 minutes chasing around my daughter and reading all the labels. Not a one. I finally gave up and went to check out. There they were in the organic and all natural section. I wish they would just put all the noodles together instead of putting the "healthy" ones in a special place. The only noodle I have yet to find a good replacement for is the elbow noodle.
9. I signed up for a CSA this year. I have never done it before but I am really excited to give it a try and see how it works out for us.
10. I asked my husband if it annoyed him that I am getting particular about our food. He said, "as long as it tastes good on my plate I don't really care what you do in the kitchen." I love him.